POISED TO POUNCE: THE PLUSH NEW XUV500
28th May 2018, Posted by : Elizabeth Mathew
If you thought off-road adventures can’t be extremely extravagant, think again because Mahindra just launched the plush new XUV500. The new Mahindra XUV500 is unmatched in terms of style, performance, technology, safety, and comfort, providing customers a truly complete driving experience. Bold and glorious lines that trace the world’s most agile animal in action, the cheetah, contribute to the elegant styling and visual impact. Mahindra last updated the XUV500 in 2015 since its introduction in 2011. The new avatar of the SUV comes with a more refreshed styling, auxiliary features, and an upgraded powertrain. The vehicle is an absolute luxury and now gets a new top spec W11 variant as well.
When you say ‘refreshed looks’ it means the vehicle is upgraded in all aspects of its aesthetics. The vehicle has got some serious changes on its exteriors notably:
- The radiator grille with mesh pattern setup decorated with chrome inserts which extend over to the air-dam sandwiched by thick chrome that houses chrome studs.
- The front bumper also has a redesigned fog lamp housing which altogether gives the vehicle a bold look.
- The headlamps retain the projectors for low beam and get a slightly tweaked profile along with a new layout and LED DRLs.
The side profile receives a mild change with the chrome strip on the doors and new roof rails. But what stands out is the 18-inch-dual –tone alloy wheels. The rear side looks completely different from the outgoing model with:
- The vertical tail lamps being replaced by triangular units with a new LED lighting which extends on to the tailgate instead of being wrap-around.
- The sporty rear spoiler comes with a newly integrated spotlight.
- A separate rear fog lamp positioned below the tail lamps, unlike its predecessor where it was included in the tail lamp.
The new quilted leather seats enhance the overall interiors of the XUV500. Specially crafted in a dark, premium shade, these posh new seats go out of their way to pamper you.
- The center console gets a piano-black finish with brushed silver highlights and the dashboard gets an all-black theme with soft-touch faux leather trims.
- The new model also comes with aluminium foot pedals to add an element of sportiness.
The XUV500 never let you down in terms of performance and with the new model, things are not getting any slower.
- The state of art 2.2litre mHawk diesel engine has been enhanced to produce 155bhp and 360Nm torque while the petrol version produces 140bhp and 320Nm torque.
- The vehicle comes in either six-speed manual transmission or six-speed automatic transmission.
In contrast with the previous model where the turbochargers where vacuum controlled, the new version is electronically controlled which has improved the low- end response of the vehicle. In spite of all these performance upgrades, the XUV500 manages to give an excellent fuel efficiency of 15.5kmpl (ARAI fuel efficiency rating).
Comfort & Safety
To create the next generation of SUVs, you have to advance past the status quo. Probably the reason why it is provided with features which many cars in this segment don’t have. The XUV500 is equipped with a sunroof, auto headlamps, and wipers, touchscreen navigation, Android Auto, reversing camera, six airbags, and ESP.
- There has been a change in the sounds and this time it is by Arkamys and the location of the tweeters has been changed for a better audio experience.
- The Blue Sense app now links the infotainment to a smartwatch, through which one can control the audio, climate control and view information like tyre pressure, among other things.
- Individual reading lamps for each passenger and conveniently placed laptop and mobile charging points in each seating row, together with the concealed lounge lighting, add to the sheer exclusivity that is the Mahindra XUV500.
Another useful feature is the ability of the last two rows of seating to completely fold away, transforming the XUV500 into the perfect vacation vehicle with tonnes of space. The XUV500 is available in 7 attractive shades for the customers to choose from. To get an SUV with such luxurious features and premium interiors for an affordable price is quite difficult but not with this one.
- The base price of the XUV500 is INR 12.37 Lakh
- It touches INR 19 Lakh for the All-Wheel Drive W11 variant
The pricing of the XUV500 is staying very reasonable when compared with other vehicles in this segment.
One glance at the Plush New XUV500 and you know its cheetah-inspired styling breaks the mould of the ordinary. Up front, the powerful projector headlamps with stunning new LED DRLs embrace the bold new front grille. The raised bonnet mimics the cheetah’s strong and slender shoulders. Enhanced further with stylish new diamond-cut alloy wheels, the XUV500 has an enthralling and majestic presence on the road. The XUV500 has been completely designed and developed for the global customer, with extensive product validation and testing done across Europe, Australia, South Africa, and India. The Mahindra XUV500 offers benefits such as aspirational styling, a product filled with technological advances, advanced safety features, comfort, and convenience, etc. hitherto seen only in hi-end SUVs. All this and much more at an unbeatable price, which makes this product nothing less than a category creator.